Friday, April 27, 2012

JACKS BIRTHDAY AT SCHOOL ICE CREAM CONE CUPCAKES...whew

That was a mouthful.  Hopefully, his classmates will think the same of the treats we brought for them!



I love making these because you can make them look so realistic, it causes double takes all over the place.  And I am all about double-takes.  And general Tom Foolery.  And Silly....I do silly REALLY well.  Ahem.

Just fill flat bottomed (don'tcha wish you had a flat bottom.  I sure wish I did!) ice cream cones 3/4 of the way full and bake as normal. 

FYI - I suggest doing this in a mini-cupcake pan surrounded by tin foil to keep them from falling over.  Just a small tip learned from a very bad experience....:)

I frosted mine with bubble gum flavored REAL buttercream, sundae sprinkles and a sour cherry candy on top.

Again with the FYI - These things are REALLY DIFFICULT to transport!  If possible, do not introduce them to a moving vehicle.  Disaster will, I promise, ensue!  They are worth the effort, however....looks good and SO tasty!


1 comment:

  1. Birthdays are special, and when it comes to kids’ birthday, we should never skip celebrating as these are the moments that we as well as the kids would be cherishing for lifetime. We also celebrated our son’s birthday at the local LA venue and had a joyful time.

    ReplyDelete