Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Is In The Air!

Where I live, Spring is a magical time.  After MONTHS of cold, snow and ice, the warmth of the sun and crocus flowers poking through the last of the snow is the unofficial badge of honor proving you have the fortitude to survive all Wisconsin can throw at you. 

Well, in theory anyway.

See, this year we have had 6 months of Spring and on some days, Summer!  Very odd for my neck of the woods.  None the less, April is a welcome sight and is causing me to think of the gardening possibilities!  I made this rose cupcake/gift basket combo with that thought in mind.  Who can resist flowers made from buttercream?


I used a regular (heavy) flowerpot and inserted a styrofoam ball (one that fits TIGHTLY).   I topped that with green tissue paper (if I do it again, I may use green shredded tissue paper.  I didn't like how "bunched up" it looked).  I then used heavy dowels topped with cupcakes and pushed them through both the tissue paper and the styrofoam ball.  I would recommend freezing the cupcakes before doing this to limit any damage to the icing and to also wrap in a clear gift bag to help support the cupcakes.  I then tied a package of flower seeds to the outside of the package so she could reuse the planter.

The recipient, by the way, LOVED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment