Saturday, February 23, 2013

The One That Changes Everything

 
 
I have never been one to embrace the status quo.  Looking back, I can see that my life, up until this point, has been a series of decisions made to satisfy my need for new experiences.  Motherhood has put somewhat of a damper on this impulse, due to my kids' need for stability (imagine a sarcastic eye roll here...ha!), but my need to explore hasn't gone away completely.  You can see bits of it in the pictures I post; the crafts/cakes/cupcakes/decorations/gifts I create.  Being a creature of habit, it drives my husband INSANE that I can drop everything and try something new.  I am forever trying to get him to expand his horizons while he is trying to get me to see the horizons we already have. 

That's why when he commented to me that he thought we should move to Arizona, I was surprised.  We had talked about doing it before...but there were always reasons he came up with for why it wouldn't work.  Our families, his job...but this time, the planets aligned and he seemed serious!  I think the countless conversations about following my dream (or perhaps nightmare...with 3 kids anyway) to travel in an RV and see the country may have helped.  We started doing some research and realized that the reasons we have stayed in the FROZEN TUNDRA don't really apply anymore.  So here we are....my family of 5....about to embark on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure (well, for us anyway) to relocate to Phoenix, AZ. 

I can tell you right now that this is going to be fun...maddening...frustrating and AMAZING. 

Care to join us on our journey?  Stay tuned! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment