Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Jack!

At our house, birthdays are kinda a huge deal. Mostly because I make them a big deal, but still. We have over-the-top parties....and if I could do more, I would! I think each of my 3 sons should not only feel, but see the joy in celebrating a milestone like a birthday.

It is also a day for me to commemorate bringing an amazing little life into the world. In most of the blog entries I write we concentrate on the funny things that happen around here, but it is important to me to document how special I think each of them are, and nothing reminds me of that more than their birthday.
Jack came into the world the same way he enters a room today...with a lot of commotion. He was perfect...and had the most amazing blue eyes. I remember thinking while his eyes were closed that they were the exact size and shape as an almond. He had red, pouty lips and a ring of hair around his head like an old man. He had, and still does, an intense way of looking at you. On more than one occasion, people (including his pediatrician) have said to me that it's as if he can see what they are thinking!
My little Jacky wants what he wants when he wants it. He potty trained himself at 2 because he "didn't like the smell" of his diapers, and could ride a bike 2 years earlier than James....so he could "ride a bike like his brother". If you give him the right tools, he can dismantle everything in the room in 5 minutes flat. It can sometimes be a challenge (!!!) trying to reason with a 3 year-old who has more personality than most adults, but I wouldn't change a thing about him. He has an opinion about EVERYTHING, but at the same time you get a sense that he is trying to soak up everything around him. He is extremely intense sometimes....but conversely, he "feels" and loves strongly too. He can't stand not having his family around, and there have been some nights when he won't go to sleep until everyone is home. He is forever thinking of his big brother.... whenever Jack gets something, GOD FORBID if there isn't another one for James.
 
I am so proud and honored to have been chosen to be his mom. I can't wait to see who he decides to become! I love you Smoochy Face!

No comments:

Post a Comment