Sunday, April 27, 2008

Jacks 4th Birthday Party



GOTTA LOVE snow in April. And in particular, in April on the exact day that we invited 20 three and four-year-olds over. These poor kids where packed in my tree house (what I call my home because it is so small), all bunched up on the floor eating hot dogs and popcorn. They were so cute!! Our outside carnival party was a bust, but I think the kids had a good time. The crane game was the favorite. I tried for 20 minutes to get a damn piece of candy out of the thing and couldn't do it, but these kids were getting handfuls of it. I was so impressed!
 
My three sons had a blast. James was in heaven having all of the kids to run around and play with, and it goes without saying that Jack had fun. Not only was there unlimited food and a MOUNTAIN of gifts, but the love of his life was here (his teacher...giggle), and he just adores her (SORRY MRS. BENTS!!). I think she must still be blushing over how he wanted to introduce her to everyone at the party. Jack has also become enamored with his Uncle Dave since seeing him at Christmas, and was thrilled to see him and his cousin Cam! Joey was a little angel through the whole thing. Kids running around, people laughing and being loud, very little nap time and being completely off schedule didn't even phase him. Between Grandma Darlene, Aunt Dawn, Aunt Robin and his favorite preschool mom, Nancy, all paying attention to him, he was happy as a clam!



Jack is quite annoyed at the fact that there is not a HINT of his birthday cake left. Every time he sees a picture of it he walks away grumbling about not having enough of his carnival cake filled with blueberries. I have comforted him by telling him he can have a Dora cake next time. You know how he feels about Dora! He did got the one present he had been asking for since Christmas. Yes, you guessed it...a real vacuum cleaner. I know, I got that one wrong too. Never would have thought that he would want one, but he sat on Santa's lap and asked for a yellow vacuum cleaner. I have bought the boy every conceivable play vacuum, to no avail. The poor thing thinks Santa forgot about him, because, of course, Santa should have KNOWN what he wanted. Huge thanks to Aunt Robin for that one! Jack had to call her last night to thank her for the best present EVER, and of course, at 7 am this morning, he had to try it out.



There is just something about a kid who hugs a vacuum cleaner that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment