Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Which Way Do We Go George?




So we are trying to get from Point A....to, you guessed it....Point B.  Also known as Phoenix Arizona.

Since this IS a one time deal in terms of DRIVING ACROSS THE COUNTRY, I had the GRAND idea that we should stop and see as many national treasures as possible.  I mean, when will we ever get to experience the Corn Palace, Mount Rushmore, the Rockies AND the Grand Canyon all in one trip, EVER again?

It could also be because the thought of driving 1600 miles with 3 kids in the car through the NOTHINGNESS of *Iowa, *Nebraska and *Kansas (please see the disclaimer below) makes me want to be knocked out RIGHT NOW, let alone while I am in the car with them.   Unfortunately, it is right smack through the middle of all of those NOTHINGNESS states that makes for the shortest trip possible. And honestly, if I am forced to drive to Arizona, I better make the best of it now.

The problem is that I want to cram as much "stuff" into this trip as possible.

"But what about Yellowstone??!! and Utah?? AND OOOOOOO...we could just drive straight across to California and see SAN FRANCISCO!!!! WAIT. Stop.  I have THE best idea!  We could just HEAD EAST and see NEW YORK TOO!"

Holy crap, when looking at a map, 1 inch may equal a 100 miles but I KNOW in the car it will equal 1000.





So I think I have it whittled down to Corn Palace, Mt Rushmore, Rockies and the Grand Canyon.  PLEASE pray that upon reaching the Grand Canyon, I don't just do a Thelma and Louise and drive straight off of a cliff!

*I apologize profusely to those of you who actually enjoy the nothingness of Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas.  You are a better traveler than I!

No comments:

Post a Comment