Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Snow Man





2 of My 3 Sons are currently in the front yard, relishing the new snow. This kind of snow is made for kids. It is super wet and heavy...perfect for snowman making. James came in a few minutes ago, and asked for 12 black olives and a carrot stick for the snowman he just made. Amazingly, I had carrots....but no black olives. I considered, for a moment, telling them to go forage for some rocks, but realized in the nick of time that I would then have to explain, in mind-numbing detail, where to find them.

So I looked around and found blackberries. AHA! The perfect solution! I can give them a nutritious snack AND give them snowman supplies. The only problem is that Jack ADORES blackberries, so I soon hear "JACK! Did you eat my snowman's eyes?! JACK! Did you eat my snowman's buttons?! JACK! I TOLD YOU NOT TO EAT ANY MORE SNOWMAN EYES!" And what I see, as I look out the window, is James making a perfect miniature snowman with Jack sitting in the snow next to him eating blackberries

No comments:

Post a Comment